Michael A. Perlman
1226 Southampton Road
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
Home (801) 265-8666
Cell (801) 560-5678
Accomplished sales professional with superior networking, presentation and closing skills. Creative, organized and energetic achiever with quantifiable success in delivering sales and marketing results. Exceptional relationship building; excellent verbal and written communication skills. A sales and marketing professional with a successful track record of exceeding sales quotas and establishing powerful, long-term client relationships.
Mergenthaler Transfer & Storage
October 2014-November 2018
Business Development Director
- Created Top of Mind Awareness and Brand Recognition with NO Marketing Budget.
- Increased Sales by over $2.5 Million dollars in gross revenue.
- Moved Mergenthaler in the #2 Corp./Commercial Mover in Utah.
- Increased number of Corp./Commercial moves from 2 (prior to my starting) to over 150 as of November 2018.
- Signed Corporate Sponsorship Agreements with Ballet West and Hale Center Theatre.
- Created Executive Networking Group (E.N.G.) with various business executives in a myriad of industries, professions and positions; started with 6 people and have now grown group to 63- meeting every month with the Mantra of “My Network is Your Network- how can I help you!”
- Masterfully connected a plethora of companies/connections to each other for the benefit of others.
The University of Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Utah May 2009 to April 2013
Adviser, National Accounts, Workforce Solutions
- Created and grew many important strategic relationships with companies expanded the broad range of educational opportunities at the university.
- Expanded the university’s student population by developing relationships of trust with important business leaders and decision-makers to help companies and employees improve themselves and their families’ lives by obtaining higher education.
- Successfully developed full partnerships with many local Fortune 100 & 500 companies like Zions Bancorporation (23 Affiliate Groups), Autoliv, O.C. Tanner, USANA, C.R. England, and many others.
- Exceeded all quota goals, resulting in the recruitment of 100’s of additional students for the University of Phoenix.
The Valley Journals, Inc., Salt Lake City, Utah May 2007 to March 2009
- Represented 12 locally-owned, independent community newspapers for the 4th largest community/independent publisher of household and business newspapers nationally.
- Took the several newspapers to new levels of profitability and growth. The Sugar House Journal grew from a struggling newspaper that was losing money to break even in just 6 months; the Millcreek Journal increased the paper’s subscriber base and profitability by 20%, and the South Salt Lake paper increased revenues by a staggering 28 %.
- Developed important relationships with numerous companies through networking and sales calls that resulted in many sponsorship agreements with local community groups and significantly increased the visibility of The Valley Journals, Inc.
Kelly Services, Salt Lake City, Utah June 2005-March 2007
- Achieved $3M in sales or contracts during tenure. Exceeded annual achievement goals by prospecting and contracting with multi-million dollar clients including ICU Medical, Sportsman’s Warehouse, and numerous others.
- Contacted and developed relationships with a broader client based that I developed into profitable accounts.
- Strengthened and expanded existing client relationships with important clients.
- Increased the visibility of Kelly Services by serving on non-profit/for-profit Boards and volunteering at various organizations, such as the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce
Notes of Interest regarding prior experiences…
Varied Opportunities from Ad Specialties Guru to Broadcast Video AE to "Stand-Up Comedian" to Publishing Exec.
Wonderful experiences, built long lasting relationships, exceeded client expectations and developed many skills. Most relationships and networking opportunities garnered during these years are still with me. As always stated, "I walk thru the world with my Attitude of Gratitude and Amazing people have been placed on my life path by the Higher Powers Above"... I am a very lucky man!
Hilton Hotels – many experiences from Account Exec to Trainer and on to Director of Sales… Greater Salt Lake City Area
- Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce (38 years)
- President’s Ambassador (35 years), Membership Chair (24 years)
- IFMA- International Facilities Management Assn. 2 years
- Honoring Heroes Foundation for Utah Highway Patrol and Utah Department of Public Safety (past Board Member)
- Mayor’s Task Force for Economic Development, Murray City (Past Member)
- Economic Development Council, Taylorsville City (Past Member)
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, Department of Defense (Past Volunteer)
University of Utah
- Bachelor of Science, Humanities / Communication
- Minors in P.R. History, Marketing, Advertising & Sociology